Friday, October 29, 2010

Catching up



I love the fall. A lot of people mistake the colder weather and falling leaves for an ending. And while it is an end to summer fun, warm temperatures, and long, sunny days, to me, autumn is just as important a time as spring or the new year for new beginnings. The cooler and more comfortable temperatures, the colourful leaves, and the start of the school year, all bring new adventures, new learning opportunties, and new goals.

And new goals is sort of what the last few months have been about. It's been a little while since I've done an update to Outside the Lines, and let me say that I've truly missed it. It's never been far from my thoughts or priority list, and I am looking forward to growing this blog, and making it the arts and entertainment resource I envision it to be. It has been a wonderful but busy time in my life. Among other pursuits, I am expanding my freelance writing and editing services to include technical writing, and am currently working towards a Technical Writing Certificate. By virtue of the name "technical," you may think that technical writing is the opposite of creative, but I've actually found the writing, formatting, and design to be creative aspects of the process that I've really enjoyed. I've also learned so much over the last couple of months about Microsoft Word styles, and I look forward to learning Adobe Framemaker and other cool software.

Always close to my heart are the arts, and the last couple of months have been no exception. I am always dedicated to making the arts a priority, and have been to several musicals and shows, both in Toronto and New York! Stay tuned for posts on my New York trip, reviews, and a dream celebrity encounter!

After the disaster that was Niagara-on-the-Lake, stay tuned to find out about our recent return visit.

And in case you were wondering, I am still hooked on Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series! I am now up to the 14th book in the Series, Fearless Fourteen, and am still loving these books.

The change in seasons brings the opportunity for growth, learning, and becoming our best selves. Writing this blog this year has meant a lot to me, and I am looking forward to sharing many more new, fun, and creative seasons with you.

- Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment